Lead Data Scientist
Eezy.com is a 10 year old, rapidly growing, graphic resources company, whose mission is to make beautiful graphic resources available to everyone, everywhere. We currently have millions of monthly active users, from 150+ countries in 7 languages.
To support and fuel our growth, we're building cross-functional Data and Engineering teams in Bowling Green, KY and New York City to tackle customer insights, pricing & packaging recommendations, content recommendations, onsite search insights and marketing automation across a rapidly growing global two-sided marketplace -- in support of realizing our vision of building the best free graphic resource community, anywhere, ever.
As the inaugural Data Science hire, you will introduce our organization to Data Science; you will have the opportunity to build your own team; you will lay the foundation for excellence in Data Science -- while being supported by a talented team of engineers and working directly with the executive suite.
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers and understand how and why our users interact with our products and content
- Partner with Product and Engineering teams to solve problems and identify trends and opportunities
- Inform, influence, support, and execute our product decisions and product launches
- The Data Scientist role works across the following areas:
- Product insights and operations
- Customer insights and opportunities
- Content insights, opportunities and ROI and inventory projections
- Designing and evaluating experiments
- Identifying, tracking, monitoring and predicting key product metrics, understanding root causes of changes in metrics
- You will collect and cleanse large amount of real-world customers’ usage and commerce data in various product environments
- You will develop predictive models on large-scale datasets to address various business problems through demonstrating advanced statistical modeling, machine learning, or data mining techniques
- You will deliver informative and effective findings, results and recommendations from machine learning models to stakeholders, be able to build dashboards of critical statistics and metrics
- You will independently accomplish full cycle machine learning projects from data to results
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Applied Math, Physics, Engineering, Statistics, or other technical field
- 5+ years of relevant Data Science experience
- Deep understanding of Statistics, Data Analysis techniques and Machine Learning
- Experience with querying languages (e.g. SQL), scripting languages (e.g. Python, R), and distributed computing platforms, such as Hadoop (Hive, HBase, Pig) and Spark
- Ability to clearly synthesize and communicate complex technical problems
- Excellent problem-solving skills, critical thinking and conceptual thinking abilities
- Previous experience building a Data Science team
- Advanced degree preferred
- 5+ years of experience in machine learning, data mining, information retrieval, or statistical analysis
- Knowledge of cloud platforms (such as AWS or Azure) and experience of developing applications on the cloud platforms using various cloud services
- Experience with Econometric models
At Eezy, you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that is rated 4.9/5 on Glassdoor, prides itself on flexibility, and it’s family-first values. Eezy, is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.